The Stella+ base takes everything from an MSR Titan through to a 1.5l pan and having a wide spread with the legs open is extremely stable. Part of the stability can probably be attributed to the weight as the stove uses steel legs and burner as opposed to a lightweight option. Unlike many gas stoves these days the Optimus Stella comes with the advice that it can be used with pretty much any 70/30 mix canister using the standard fitting rather than the manufacturer's own gas.
- Built-in piezo igniter at a safe distance from the burner provides easy lightning.
- Precision flame control offers safe adjustment from simmer to boil.
- Easy to use stuff bag allows convenient and compact storage of stove, windshield and instructions.
- Extremely space efficient, folds down to 35 mm.
Rating: 3000 W
- Burn time: Up to 60 minutes at high maximum output (220 g canister)
- Boil time (1 L of water): Down to 3 minutes depending on climate, altitude etc.
- Fuel: LP-gas 70/30 butane/propane
Pros: Strong, reliable burner with good simmer control and a wide flame spread
Cons: No pre-heater for winter use, heavy and expensive
Note: This article was restored from the archives. It's published creation date is inaccurate.